Powered By Blogger

venerdì 29 luglio 2011

I Miss You... (poem)

I miss you in the morning,
When all the world is new,
I know the day can bring no joy,
Because it brings not you.

I miss the well-loved voice of you,
Your tender smile for me,
The charm of you,
The joy of your unfailing sympathy,
Because the world is full of folks; it's true,
But there was only one of you.

I miss you in the noontide,
The crowded city street,
Seems like a desert now,
I walk in solitude complete.

I miss your hands beside my own,
The light touch of your hand,
The quick gleam in the eye of you,
So sure to understand.

I miss you in the evening,
When daylight fades away,
I miss the sheltering eyes of you,
To rest me for the day.

I try to think I see you yet,
There in the firelight gleams,
Weary at last; I sleep,
And I still miss you in my dreams.